The “Walk” is on, with your help.
This is not your regular Family Fun Walk.
Following the restrictions on gathering for events due to the coronavirus and out of precaution for participants and residents of neighboring Peter Becker Community where we annually have held the event, we are canceling the regular 2020 Family Fun Walk. We realize this is disappointing news as this cherished family and church group outing has become an annual custom for many of you.
In light of the uncertainty of when we could hold the event, we are transforming the Family Fun Walk into the Walk Where You Are walk. A nice walk will be a welcome chance to get outside, smell fresh, clean air and help the ministries of COBYS.
Here’s how it will work this year.
- We encourage all participants to seek walk sponsors and record them on the Sponsor Sheet as you usually do (click here for a printable version, please gather sponsors from a safe distance).
- Individual participants, families and youth groups also have access to an online crowdfunding platform where they can set a goal, send emails to family and friends and received donations via credit card online.
- Return the sponsor sheets to us, or finish your crowdfunding on or around May 3.
- Then, on or around May 3 we encourage all participants to go for a walk. Find a safe route near you and go with your family or a friend (while keeping safe, social distance), and walk a mile or two, or three. Send us a photo of you on your journey and we’ll post the photos of our remote “Family Fun Walk – Walk Where You Are”.
- Or, donate individually by choosing “Family Fun Walk – Walk Where You Are” in the Gift Designation drop-down menu on our donate page.
- Since we also won’t be able to enjoy ice cream and refreshments together as we usually do, we encourage you to have some at home and send us a photo to share with other participants.
Not up for walking?
We recognize that not everyone is a walker. We hope that you are still moved to action by supporting someone who is walking, or by making a donation to COBYS during this time.
Please contact Anne Stokes, email@example.com, with any questions.
We hope you can participate!